Be it in school, be it in college, or be it in office, Zoom allows you to stay in contact with colleagues and classmates to complete work remotely. So to get you aware about this, we have come up with an article on “How To Use Zoom App”
This platform is fairly easy to use, its basic functions are organized slightly differently depending on if you use the desktop or mobile version.
Most of the key tasks are easy to spot despite slight changes: scheduling or joining calls, keeping track of your contacts and meetings, making changes to your account settings.
Zoom is quickly becoming a frontrunner for remote video conferences during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Many companies already have video services in place, still, Zoom is proving to be very helpful for high school and college-level courses as it allows for up to 100 participants with a free account subscription.
How to use Zoom on your computer
- Open your browser on your Mac or PC and go to the Zoom website to create and manage an account. Click on “My Account” after logging in to bring you to your account details.
- You can Host or Join or Schedule a meeting at the top of the screen. Click on any of these three options and follow to set up or join a video call online. To join a call, you’ll need the Meeting ID or name.
- On the left-hand side, you’ll find many options, including the first and the most important: Profile. This is where you can change your profile picture, edit your email or password, and make other changes in this settings section. You’ll also find the option to sign out of Zoom on all of your devices at the bottom of this page.
- Below your profile tab, you’ll find a summary of your meetings. From the summary, you can delete upcoming meetings or even start it, along with reviewing previous meetings.
- Other tabs on the left-hand side are webinars, recordings, and your settings. The webinar feature can only be enabled if you pay for any account, and recordings will lead you to enable the feature for you and your meeting participants.
- You’ll also find more advanced settings by the bottom of the left panel, including managing users and rooms. You can also upgrade your account under “Billing,” or manage your payment information if you’ve already upgraded to Pro, Business, or Enterprise.
How to use Zoom on your mobile device
The mobile version of this app available on iPhone, iPad, and Android shows a simplified version of the online Zoom platform the main tabs are found at the bottom: Meet & Chat, Meetings, Contacts, and Settings. (This setup is slightly different due to the limited space.)
- The option namely, “Meet & Chat” is used to combine the desktop “Home” and “Chat” tabs. New Meeting, Schedule, Join, and Share Screen is found at the top. Below, you’ll see recent call and chat history, along with any outstanding Contact Requests. Tap to view the chat with any contact or to accept a request. You can also tap the star icon in the top-left corner to see your favorites or the pencil icon in the top-right corner to draft a new message.
- “Meetings” shows the upcoming events. From the top of the page, you can have access to many options including starting a call, sending an invitation to attend the call, and even edit a current event. Tap to begin any one of these options and follow the prompts. Your “Personal Meeting ID” is your unique code to start an individual meeting. Tap on an upcoming meeting to view its details or delete it entirely. Tap on a meeting and you’ll also find the option to add invitees and send invitations to these contacts via email or text message.
- “Contacts” looks similar to the desktop version and lists your starred favorites, as well as any others in your company directory. Search for contacts at the top of the page. Tap the plus symbol in the top-right corner to open a pop-up menu to add a contact, create a new channel, or join a public one. Channels are groups of individual people or contacts. You can switch between contacts and channels from the top option.
- Finally access “Settings” to make any changes to your account. To make changes to your profile, tap your name at the top of the screen, where you can change your profile photo, display name, or update your password. This is also where you can sign out of the Zoom app.
How to join a Zoom meeting
Joining a Zoom Meeting is very simple no matter which device you’re using. The host of the meeting will share a link with you, and all you have to do is click it. Once you click on it your device’s app will automatically connect you to the meeting.
The other option is that the host will share the meeting’s ID with you that consists of nine numbers. In this case, you’ll have to open up the Zoom app on your device, click the blue “Join” button, type in the meeting ID, and press the “Join Meeting.” In some cases, you’ll also have to type in a password that will be provided to you.
The third option is to join a meeting by calling one of the phone numbers listed in the email invitation for the Zoom meeting. This is a great option if you’re on the road and don’t have access to an internet connection. However, you’ll need someone to text you the number to call since you won’t be able to check your email.
How to set up a Zoom meeting
The easiest way to set up a Zoom meeting is by opening the Zoom app on your device and click the “New Meetings” option. From there, you have many choices available. The first one is to click the icon in the top-left corner (next to the green lock), copy the meeting’s URL or ID, and then share them with your team through any messaging app from your device. People can then join in on the meeting by clicking the link or by opening the Zoom app and typing in the meeting’s ID.
The second option is to select the Contact from the Contacts option after clicking the “INVITE” options from the taskbar. This will send an email to the people you selected, which will contain the link to the meeting, the meeting’s ID, and a few numbers people can call if they wish to join the meeting with a phone.
You can schedule a Zoom meeting and add it to the calendar in just a few clicks.
You can also schedule a meeting in an advance with the help of Google Calendar to begin, open the Zoom app on your device, click the “Schedule” option, and fill the mandatory fields including the date and time of the meeting. Then click the “Schedule” button that will take you to Google Calendar’s website.
From there, you can add in guests — people who you want to invite to the meeting — double-check if all the data is correct, click “Save,” and then select the “Send” option so that the participants will receive an email with all the details required.
How to end a Zoom meeting
You have two options available if you’re the host, both of which show up when you click the “End Meeting” button in the bottom-right corner. The first one is “End meeting for all” that will log all the participants out of the meeting when pressed. The second is the “Leave meeting” options that will only log you out of the meeting, allowing the rest of the team to continue the conversation if they want to.
If you’re not the host of a meeting, you’ll only have the “Leave meeting” option available that will log you out when clicked. You won’t need to click the option if the host ends the meeting for all participants, in which case you’ll get logged out automatically.
- SHREE SHYAM TILES & HARDWARE – Tiles, Hardware, Electricals - May 29, 2022
- How to buy Shiba Inu coin in India (Globally) - May 11, 2021
- Dogecoin: How to Buy Dogecoin in India (Globally) - April 22, 2021