As we all love playing songs while driving for the very obvious reason i.e. because either for the entertainment or to get away with boredom or to avoid surrounding noise. Now the best part is that you can play music directly on the YouTube Music App from Google Maps Navigation Mode without actually opening the YouTube Music App, while being directed to your destination with the help of Google Maps Navigation System. So we have come up with a complete guide on How to Play YouTube Music in Google Maps Navigation Mode.
Enabling this setting won’t take you more than 1 minute and once you enable it, you can play songs whenever you are on your way being directed by the Google maps navigation mode.
Steps to Enable YouTube Music in Google Maps Navigation Mode:
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Click on your profile at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom till you find “Settings” and then tap on it.
- From the settings option, find the “Navigation settings”
- Tap on the slide button next to the “Show media playback controls”
- This will open you a tab asking to choose a default media app. Select “YouTube Music”
- Then click on the “Next”.
- Click on the “OK” when a tab appears to reconfirm to connect a media app to Google Maps.
A message will appear below saying “You are connected. You’ll see the YouTube Music icon when navigating”. Now, if you go back to the navigation page, you will find the icon of the YouTube Music app, just below the report button. Now that we have it enabled, here’s how to actually use it.
Steps on How to use YouTube Music in Google Maps Navigation Mode:
- Open Google maps.
- Start navigating to the destination you are going to.
- Click on the “YouTube Music” App icon just below the “Add a report” option.
- A playback control will be shown at the below of screen along with estimated arrival and remaining distance for the destination you choose.
- To change the track, click on either Next track or Previous track as per the song you want that app to play.
Now you can play the song in Google maps while in the navigation mode from the YouTube Music app too.