Even in unprecedented times, the major companies of the world have seen a constant rise in their shares and brand values. Companies from Asia and Europe have continued to strengthen their brand values and market capitalization. Let us have a look at the list of Top 10 World Most Valuable Companies 2020.
Note: The brand value and market capitalization of companies are dynamic in nature, which changes as per the nature of the market.
Top 10 World Most Valuable Companies 2020:
Brand value: $1840 Billion
- It’s an American multinational technology company founded in the year 1976.
- Founder: Steve Wozniak, Steve Jobs, and Ronald Wayne
- Headquarter: Cupertino, California, USA
- CEO: Tim Cook
- Designs, formulate and sells consumer electronic computer software and online services.
- One among the big four technology companies alongside Amazon, Google, Facebook.
- Hardware flagship products include iPhone smartphone, iPad, tablet computer, the Mac personal computer, iPod, portable media player, air pods, wireless earbuds, Apple Watch, Apple TV, digital media player, home pod smart speaker.
2. Saudi Aramco
Brand value :$1780 Billion
- It’s a Saudi Arabian oil company.
- The biggest oil company in the world; helping the country to become the biggest crude oil exporter.
- It is set to become the largest IPO in history.
- Born in 1933 out of an agreement between Saudi Arabia and California based company Socal.
- Originally called California Arabian standard oil company renamed as Arabian American oil company by its acronym Aramco in 1944.
- The main business is pumping oil and then selling it around the world in Japan, the USA, and China.
- Also yields petroleum products like gasoline and chemicals.
3. Microsoft Corporation
Brand value: $1620 Billion
- American multinational technology company
- Headquarter: Redmond, Washington, USA
- CEO: Bill Gates
- Develops, assemble, sanctions, support, and sells computer software consumer electronics, personal computer, and related services.
- Best known application products are Microsoft Windows line of operating systems of the Microsoft Office suite and Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
- Model hardware products are the Xbox video game console and the Microsoft Surface lineup of touchscreen personal computers.
- Ranked number 30 in 2018 Fortune 500 rankings of the largest United States corporations by total revenue.
4. Amazon Inc.
Brand value: $1600 Billion
- It’s an American multinational technology company founded in 1994.
- Headquarter: Seattle, Washington, USA
- CEO: Jeff Bezos
- Focusses on digital streaming, artificial intelligence, etc.
- It is considered one of the big four technology companies alongside Google, Apple, and Facebook.
- It is referred to as one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world.
- World’s largest marketplace, Artificial Intelligence assistance provider, and cloud computing platform as estimated by revenue and market capitalization.
- Giant internet company by revenue in the world.
- The second-largest private employer in the US.
5. Alphabet Inc.
Brand value: $1050 Billion
- It’s an American multinational conglomerate.
- Headquarter: Mountain View, California, USA
- It was created through a corporate restructuring of Google on October 2, 2015.
- Holding company of Google and several former Google subsidiaries.
- CEO: Larry Page
- President : Sergey Brinas & Chairman: Eric Schmidt
- It’s the world’s fourth-largest technology company by revenue and one of the most valuable companies in the world.
- The establishment was prompted by a desire to make core Google Internet services business cleaner and more accountable.
- Sundar Pichai is the CEO of Google.
Brand value :$584 billion
- It’s an American social media technology company.
- Headquarter: Menlo Park, California, USA
- Innovated by Mark Zuckerberg along with fellow Harvard College students and roommates Eduardo Saverin Andrew Mccollum Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes as to a Facebook. Com.
- It is one of the most high-end companies in the world.
- Offers other products and services.
- Acquired Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus.
- Developed Facebook messenger, Facebook watch, Facebook portal number solitarily.
Brand value: $545 billion
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited also known as Alibaba Group is a Chinese multinational technology company.
- Founded on April 4, 1999.
- Headquarter: Hangzhou, China
- Works in e-commerce retail, Internet, and technology.
- Provides consumer to consumer & business to business sales service via web portals as well as electronic payment service, shopping search engine & computing
- Owns and operates a diverse array of businesses around the world in numerous sectors.
Brand value :$510 billion
- It’s a Chinese multinational conglomerate holding company founded in 1998.
- Subsidiaries specialize in various internet related services & products, entertainment, artificial intelligence, and mechanics both in China and globally.
- World’s largest video games company.
- One of the world’s largest social media companies and one of the world’s largest seed capital firms and investment corporations.
- Utilities include social network Music, web portals, e-commerce, mobile games, internet services, payment services, smartphones, and multi-player online games.
9. Berkshire Hathaway
Brand value: $455 billion
- It’s an American multinational conglomerate holding company.
- Headquarter: Omaha Nebraska, US.
- CEO, Chairman: Warren Buffet
- It wholly owns Geico, Duracell, Dairy Queen, BNSF, Lubrizol, Fruit of the Loom, Helzberg Diamonds, long and foster flight safety, International Pampered Chef, Forest River & Netjets.
- Also owns 38.6% of Pilot Flying J, 26.7% of the Kraft Heinz company & significant minority holdings in American Express, 17.6% Wells Fargo, 9.9% the Coca-Cola company, 9.4% Bank of America, 6.8% in Apple.
- It has acquired large holdings in the major US airline carriers and is currently a shareholder in United Airlines & Delta Airlines and the top three shareholders in Southwest airlines in American Airlines.
10. Johnson & Johnson
Brand value: $395 billion
- American multinational company.
- Producing medical devices pharmaceuticals & consumer products.
- Headquarter: New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
- The company was founded by three brothers ~Robert Wood Johnson, James Wood Johnson and Edward Mead Johnson in 1886.
- It originally produced bandages and plasters.
- In 1893 produced baby powders
- 250 affiliated companies located in 60 countries selling to more than 175 countries are part of the corporation.
Also Read: Top 10 Richest People in the World 2020