How to Use WiFi Calling (Everything About Wi-Fi Calling)
People cannot live without their mobile phones, and of course, it’s oldest and main feature, calling. Life just does not work without calling. Offices use calling for their work and people use calling to talk to their friends and relatives who are far away from them. Mobile phones are advancing and becoming better every single day. In earlier days, people had to pay for incoming calls as well as outgoing calls. Later, incoming became free, and people paid only for the outgoing calls. And now, for both incoming as well as outgoing calls you don’t have to pay anything. All thanks to the feature called WiFi Calling.
Wi-fi calling, is a brand new feature in the latest mobile phones, using which you can make and receive calls, as its name says, over a Wi-fi network. We all face the problem of the network bars dropping down and trouble in making and receiving calls, Wi-Fi calling is a great solution to this.
So let us see, How to Use WiFi Calling:
1. Turn on Wi-fi calling on your android.
It is very easy to turn Wi-fi calling on your mobile phones. Also, there are several methods to do the same, as the exact location of the feature option varies from phone to phone.
Method 1 (Using Settings app, for Samsung Galaxy phones)
- To turn on Wi-fi calling on your android phone, just go to settings.
- Tap on connections.
- Turn on the Wi-fi calling options.
Method 2 (Using Phone app)
- Open the Phone app on your phone.
- Tap the menu icon/ellipses/vertical ellipses (the three vertical lines/dots in top right corner of the screen)
- In the menu, select Settings.
- In the Settings, find and toggle on the Wi-fi calling option.
Method 3 (For Verizon users)
- Go to settings.
- Find and tap on Advance Calling.
- Select “Activate Wi-fi calling option”.
Method 4 (Using Notification panel)
- In some of the latest mobile phones, you can easily find the feature of Wi-fi calling in the Notification panel.
- Just tap on it to enable the feature.
- For Android devices, you’ll see a Wi-Fi Calling icon when your call is over a Wi-Fi network.
If, you want to check whether Wi-fi calling feature is working on your phone or not, then put your phone on airplane mode. Turn only Wi-fi back on. Check for the Wi-fi calling icon in your notification bar and try to make or receive a call. If you are able to do so then, of course, you can go ahead and make calls for free.
However, if this feature does not work on your android phone, then refer to your carrier’s website for specific instructions.
2. Turn on Wi-fi calling on your iPhone
To turn on Wi-fi calling feature on your iPhone, follow these steps:-
1) Go to Settings.
2) Select Phone.
3) Tap on “Wi-fi Calling”.
4) Toggle on “Wi-fi calling on this iPhone”.
For having Wi-fi calling feature to work on your iPhone you will need to have an iPhone 5C or later version.
In your iPhone also, use the above-mentioned test to check whether WiFi calling on your iPhone is working or not.
When your call is over a Wi-Fi network, you’ll see “VZW Wi-Fi” in your status bar.
But, you need to keep in mind that, Wi-fi calling can work only until you are in the Wi-fi range. If you walk out of the range of your Wi-fi router, or your device is not able to connect to Wi-fi or the connection is lost your call might pause or drop. However, it depends on your carrier, network, and device.
When you enable the feature you might see an icon that looks like a small receiver with a Wi-Fi or VoLTE (voice over LTE). Apart from this, there is no difference between calling over the Wi-Fi network and the regular calls that you make using the mobile network.
Related: How To Use Zoom App [Mobile/PC Full Guide]
In India, The two main carriers that support WiFi calling are Reliance Jio and Airtel.
There are some things to keep in mind before enabling Wi-Fi calling on your device. Let us have a look at them.
Every carrier has their own different policies regarding Wi-Fi calling, so your first port of call in trying to set it up is your carrier. Sometimes, you might also need to pay extra or to activate Wi-Fi calling.
You should read all the terms and conditions carefully. Calls and messages made using Wi-Fi calling may not be necessarily free. There is also a possibility that your carrier company might charge their usual rates or subtract them from your plan allowance.
Hence, to enjoy this amazing feature of calling for free, make sure to read the terms and conditions of your carriers company carefully.
Many carriers decide which devices should be supported for calling over a Wi-Fi network. Hence, before enabling the feature, make sure to check that your carrier allows it.
- What is RSS, How to Use [Complete Guide on RSS Feed] - July 20, 2020
- How to Use Medium [Guide to Writing, Publishing & Promoting] - July 19, 2020
- How to Use Pinterest - July 18, 2020