Top 10 Pharma Companies in India
This list consists of Top Pharma Companies in India (Top 10 Pharmaceuticals Companies) based on their revenue along with their Market capitalization.
Note:- The figures are approximate and may vary.
Top Pharma Companies in India:
1. Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
Market Capitalization: ₹123,457.78 Cr.
- Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd. stands at the number in the list of Top Pharma Companies in India. It is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company founded in 1983 by Dilip Shanghvi in Vapi, Gujarat.
- Currently, Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra and it sells pharmaceutical formulations and active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) primarily in India and the United States.
- It is also the largest Indian pharma company in the US as well as the 5th largest specialty generic company globally.
2. Aurobindo Pharma Ltd.
Market Capitalization: ₹47,777.43 Cr.
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd., founded in 1986, is headquartered in the HITEC City, Hyderabad, India.
- The company’s marketing partners include big names like AstraZeneca and Pfizer and it markets its products in over 125 countries with more than 70% of its revenues derived out of international operations.
- Aurobindo Pharma plans to expand its product portfolio with high-value products in oncology, hormones, biosimilars, and novel drug delivery solutions and has also set its sights on geographic expansion in new territories where generic penetration is low.
Market Capitalization: ₹43,577.56 Cr.
- Lupin was founded in 1968 by Desh Bandhu Gupta, a professor of chemistry at BITS-Pilani, Rajasthan, and it is currently headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Moreover, the company’s R&D program is headquartered in the Lupin Research Park located near Pune that houses over 1400 scientists.
- The company’s drugs reach 70 countries with a footprint that covers advanced markets of the world.
Market Capitalization: ₹59,672.71 Cr.
- ‘Cipla Limited’, originally known as ‘The Chemical, Industrial & Pharmaceutical Laboratories’ was founded by Khwaja Abdul Hamied in 1935 in Mumbai.
- Cipla has 34 manufacturing units in 8 locations across India and is present in over 80 countries.
- Cipla is the world’s largest manufacturer of antiretroviral drugs and it primarily develops medicines to treat respiratory, cardiovascular disease, arthritis, diabetes, weight control and depression along with other medical conditions.
5. Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
Market Capitalization: ₹72,408.21 Cr.
- Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd. is a pharmaceutical company founded in 1984 by Anji Reddy.
- Within a year of its establishment, Dr. Reddy’s became the first Indian company to export the active ingredients for pharmaceuticals to Europe.
- With its headquarters in Hyderabad, the company manufactures and markets a wide range of pharmaceuticals in India as well as overseas.
Also Read: Top 10 Private Medical Colleges in India
6. Cadila Healthcare Ltd.
Market Capitalization: ₹39,101.85 Cr.
- Cadila Healthcare Ltd. is a generic drug manufacturing company headquartered in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
- It was founded in 1952 by Ramanbhai Patel and his business partner Indravadan Modi.
- The company makes active pharmaceutical ingredients(API) at three places in India, Ankleshwar plants, Vadodara plant, and Patalganga plant.
7. Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Market Capitalization: ₹13,594.86 Cr.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited, headquartered in Mumbai, is a generic drug and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) manufacturing company.
- The company was founded in 1977 by Gracias Saldanha and it is named after his two sons.
- In June 2020, the company launched a possible COVID-19 drug, Favipiravir, under the brand name FabiFlu in India.
8. Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Market Capitalization: ₹46,654.70 Cr.
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is one of the subsidiary companies of the Torrent Group.
- It is headquartered in Ahmedabad and was initially promoted as Trinity Laboratories Ltd. by U. N. Mehta, and was later renamed to Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals operates in more than 40 countries with over 2000 product registrations globally and they have seven fully owned subsidiaries.
9. Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
Market Capitalization: ₹33,282.71 Cr.
- Alkem Laboratories Ltd. was founded in 1973 by Samprada Singh and is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Alkem Laboratories Ltd. has a total of 21 manufacturing facilities; 19 in India and 2 in the US.
- This multinational pharmaceutical company manufactures and sells pharmaceutical generics, formulations, and nutraceuticals in India as well as overseas.
10. Divi’s Laboratories Ltd.
Market Capitalization: ₹87,860.81 Cr.
- Divi’s Laboratories Ltd. is a multinational pharmaceutical company headquartered in Hyderabad.
- The company, founded by Murali Divi in the year 1990, is a leading manufacturer of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and Intermediates.
- The company has four manufacturing facilities with its market presence across several countries around the globe.
Also Read: How to Calculate Company Valuation [Complete Guide]
- Top 10 Private MBA Colleges in India - October 10, 2020
- Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in the World - October 10, 2020
- World Passport Ranking: Top 10 Most Powerful Passport - October 10, 2020