The social media platforms are flooded with requests for plasma donors to help their loved ones recover from COVID-19 or coronavirus. With a surge in cases, India is witnessing a heavy demand for plasma from recovered patients but there is a shortage in hospitals
The plasma therapy involved taking antibodies from people who have recovered from Covid-19 and transfusing it into a novel coronavirus patient. It is important to note here that plasma is not the primary therapy to treat the deadly virus and not everyone is eligible for it.
We have collated a city-wise list of banks/donors who you can contact in case of a plasma emergency. This information has been collated from across the internet, personal networks, and communication apps like WhatsApp. We hope this list makes the search for these resources easier for those in urgent need. Please make sure you call the helpline and verify in areas specific to you as resources can change, or be unavailable.
- Plasma in Need for Transfusion (PINT) Network: pintnetwork.com
- Dhoond Foundation: dhoondh.com
- Need Plasma: needplasma.in
- Covid Plasma: covidplasma.online
- India Helpline: indianhelpline.com
- Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences: www.ilbs.in
- Delhi Police Jivendayani: 8800660677
- A list of resources:
Covid Helpline: covidhelplinebangalore.com
- Cyberabad police: 9490617440 or Donateplasma.scsc.in
- Group arranging plasma: Twitter
- Hyderabad blood donors