Jio has already impressed us with its outstanding network, internet speed, and various useful apps. One of these apps is Jio meet. Jiomeet is a service provided by Reliance Jio for video conferencing. The interface of Jiomeet is very similar to Zoom App.
So, let’s see How to use Jio meet on Laptop & Mobile:
1. Getting Started
You can easily download the app JioMeet from the play store (for your android) and from AppStore (or your iPhone). This app is just 18MB in size.
The official website link: https://jiomeetpro.jio.com/home
Also, you can use the service on a laptop or desktop.
If you click on the Blue “Download” button on the left-hand side of the screen on the official website you will see several download options. Here you can easily download Jio Meet for your android/iPhone/Mac OS/Windows or you can simply use it on the browser.
2. Sign Up
1) Tap on the “Sign Up” button at the bottom left corner in the app.
If you are using it on the browser, the “Sign Up” option will be present at the top right corner of the screen.
2) Enter your first name, last name, and e-mail ID. Click on “Next”.
3) On the entered email address, the app will send a verification email.
4) Open the e-mail and click on the “Verify” button.
5) You will be redirected to a page, create a password there. Click on “Next”.
6) Go back to the app/Browser and sign in with your details.
In your laptop/desktop, you download and install the setup. When you open the app, you will see three options: “ Join a meeting”, “Sign up” and “Sign In”. Click on “Sign Up”. Follow the steps, mentioned above to login.
3. Join Meeting
Link: For joining a meeting through the link, click on the link sent to you by the host of the meeting, enter your name and click on “Join Meeting”. Enter the meeting password.
Meeting ID: For joining the meeting by using Meeting Id and password open the app or website. Click on “Join a Meeting”. Enter the Meeting ID and password and join the meeting.
4. Start a Meeting
Once you have logged in the app, let us see how you can start a meeting.
1) If you open and log in the app you will see an orange button with a video camera icon, saying “New Meeting”. Tap on it to start a new meeting.
If you are using browser version, you just need to click on “Host A Meeting”, present at the top right corner of the screen.
2) Turn off or on the video by using the “Video on” toggle as per your requirement. Here you can also see your PMI or Personal Meeting ID.
3) Click on the blue button saying “Start a Meeting”.
4) Provide permissions for audio and video.
5) Customize your settings as per your requirement in the control panel below on the screen.
6) When you are ready for the meeting, tap on “Start Video” in the control panel, and your meeting will start.
For sharing your screen click on Share screen in the control panel during a meeting, select the desktop which you want to share, and click on “share”.
Follow these same steps to start your meeting on your laptop/desktop also. Also if you go to settings at the top right corner of the screen in the laptop/desktop and click on “Video”, you will be able to see a preview of how you will look in the meeting.
For ending a meeting, click on the orange button side saying “End meeting” at the bottom right of the screen. Choose the appropriate option and end the meeting.
5. Schedule a Meeting
If you don’t want a meeting at the moment, you can easily schedule it for later. Let us see how:-
1) Open the app and click on the “Schedule a meeting” button with a calendar icon.
If you are using the browser version, you’ll find the option of “Plan a Meeting” at the upper right corner of the screen, Just click on that.
2) Enter the title of the meeting at the top of the screen.
3) Set the date and time. You can also add the meeting to your calendar.
5) When you finish, Tap on “Done” at the top right corner of the screen.
Tap on “Save” at the bottom, if you are using the browser version.
6) Now, you can send invites to the meeting here.
In laptop/desktop follow these same steps and then click “Schedule meeting” when you are done.
6. Invite People
When you start the meeting, follow these steps to invite people to your meeting.
Scheduled meeting: When you have scheduled a meeting and want to send invitations for the meeting, follow the steps mentioned above up to step 5). Click on “Add Invites”. Select a suitable method and share the details with the participants.
Non-scheduled meeting: When you have just started a meeting you can easily add participants, follow the steps mentioned above in “Start a Meeting” up to step 2). Copy the PMI or Personal Meeting ID and send it to the participants.
Note:- Unlike other video conferencing services, JioMeet also send passwords for the meeting to increase security.
- What is RSS, How to Use [Complete Guide on RSS Feed] - July 20, 2020
- How to Use Medium [Guide to Writing, Publishing & Promoting] - July 19, 2020
- How to Use Pinterest - July 18, 2020