Complete Guide on How to Use Webex [PC/Mobile]
Cisco Webex is an American company that develops and sells web conferencing and videoconferencing applications. It offers many services to offices like devices and video conferencing. The official website of Cisco is Webex.com
So, let’s have look at How to Use Webex:
1. Getting the software on our device.
There are three ways you can get this software on your device
- Opening it on the website
- Downloading the app on your Mobile/laptop
- Downloading the desktop app on your PC/laptop
Many other online video conferencing/platforms like Google Meet lack this feature of the desktop app.
So, let’s see how we can get the software on our device one-by-one.
2. Using it on website
Just like google meet for using cisco online you just have to go to their official website: Webex.com
3. Downloading the app on your Mobile/laptop
You can download this application from your Playstore (on your android device) or from Appstore (on your iOS devices).
This application is just 44MB in size.
4. Downloading the desktop app
It is really easy to download this desktop app. Just go to their official website: Webex Download and download it from their itself.
5. Webex Teams VS Webex Meetings
Unlike other Platforms, Cisco provides many services. Two of them are Webex Teams and Webex Meetings.
Both of them are-
- Compatible with Mac and PC
- End-to-end encrypted
- Compatible with Android or iPhones
While they have some similarities, they also have some differences too. Let’s have a look at them
According to Cisco,
The Webex teams are for, one-on-one or group messaging, Digital two-way whiteboarding, Rich content, and file sharing, and video calling.
The Webex Meetings is for HD video for face-to-face meetings, flexible audio-only conference call options, easy screen sharing, meet across any device.
There is a different website for signing in for both of them as well. Let’s have a look at them separately.
6. Sign up and sign in
You can sign up into cisco by going to the website: Webex Sign up
For Webex teams sign in, just go the website: Webex Sign in
And for Webex meetings sign in, go to Webex Meetings
7. The desktop app
The desktop app is a very convenient alternative for using this software. There are three ways to join a meeting through the desktop app.
1) Through notification: You can see a join notification, which can be received up to 15 mins before the meetings. Just click the green button Join, and you will be in the meeting.
2) Personal room ID /link: You can easily join the meeting by entering the host’s Personal room ID/link. The personal rooms you have joined previously are present below on the screen. You can join the meeting directly by clicking on any of them.
3) Meetings list: Click on the meetings tab present at the center bottom of the screen, and when it is time for the meeting to start, just click on the join button of the desired meeting.
8. Joining/Hosting the Meeting Online
Go to the website Webex.com, You will see two options: Join and Host at the top right corner of the screen. Click the desired option.
You can join the meeting in two ways: –
- Directly on the website: When you click on Join on the website, you just have to enter the meeting ID which has been shared with you by the host.
- Through invitation: When you get an invitation link, you just have to click on it and it will take you to the cisco Webex website.
Here you will have to sign in with your Name and e-mail. Then click on the green button saying Join meeting.
For the first time when you join the meeting online, it will ask you to download and install an add-on. Just install it and you are ready to go.
You can choose how to connect your audio and video. The easiest of which is Call using Computer.
You can also see a preview and check how will the recipients see you during the meeting before you enter the meeting. After doing this click on the green button at the bottom of the small window, saying Connect audio and video and you will be connected to the meeting.
9. During and After the meeting
During the meeting, you can easily control the audio and video by the buttons present at the bottom of the screen. These controls will be hided automatically when not in use.
You can change the layout of the videos by clicking on the button present at the top-right of the screen.
After the meeting is over you can easily leave the meeting by clicking on the red X button in the meeting controls.
10. Webex Devices
Cisco Webex also offers many amazing devices to make our meeting experience more convenient.
Here is a list of some of the devices, namely Cisco Webex…
- Room Devices
- Desk Devices
- Room Kit Mini
- Room Kit
- Room Kit plus
- Desk Pro
- Room 55
- Room 70
- DX 80
- IP Phones
Benefits of using cisco Webex devices
There are several benefits of using Cisco Webex:
- Offers many exclusive services
- Offers devices
- You can design your workspace in office
- You can record your meetings
- Available as a web/desktop/mobile application
How to Use Google Meet App [PC/Mobile]
How To Use Zoom App [Mobile/PC Full Guide]
- What is RSS, How to Use [Complete Guide on RSS Feed] - July 20, 2020
- How to Use Medium [Guide to Writing, Publishing & Promoting] - July 19, 2020
- How to Use Pinterest - July 18, 2020