Microsoft has designed a very useful and amazing software: “Microsoft teams”.
According to Wikipedia, Microsoft Teams also referred to as simply “Teams”, is a unified communication and collaboration platform that combines persistent workplace chat, video meetings, file storage (including collaboration on files), and application integration.
People use Microsoft Teams for conducting online classes and office meetings.
So, let’s see how to use Microsoft teams.
1. Getting started
The official website is: Microsoft.com
To sign up for Teams, go to the official website and click on “Sign up for free”. Enter your details and verify your account.
Note: – You can access Teams on the website, as a mobile app, and as a desktop app.
There are several ways to download Teams.
To download Teams for your PC, go to the official website and click on “Download” at the top of the screen. Click on “Download for desktop”. Then click on the download button under the windows icon.
To download Teams for your android/iOS there are two options: –
- Go to the official website and click on download at the top of the screen, as mentioned above. Then click on “Download for Mobile”. Enter your email-ID and they will send you a download link on your email.
- Or you can simply download the app from Playstore (on android device)/Appstore (on iOS device). The app is just 45MB in size.
After opening the app, enter your details to Signup/sign in.
You can also download the app from the website after sign in. At the top right corner of the screen, click on your profile icon and select, “Download the desktop app” or “Download the mobile app”. Or you can download the app by clicking on the download icon at the bottom left of the screen.
3. Join/create team.
In the “Team” section, click on “Manage teams’ icon” against the text “Join or create a team”.
You will see a list of your teams.
1) To create a team, click on “Create a team” in the top right side of the screen.
2) Click on “Build a team from scratch”. Select the kind of your team: – Private, Public or Org-wide.
3) Enter the name of your team and its description. Click on Create.
4) After this, add members in your team. You can also skip this process.
5) To see more options for your teams, in the “Teams” section, click on the ellipses (three dots icon) against your team.
- Join/Create team as a teacher
If you are a teacher and want to join or create a team for your students, follow these instructions.
In the “Teams” section, click on “Join or create team” in the top right side of the screen.
To join a team, enter the team code in the given space.
1) To create a team, click on “Create a team”.
2) Select the team type: (Class, Professional Learning Community (PLC), Staff, or Other).
3) Enter the team name and its description. Click Next.
4) Here also, either you can add the members or skip the process.
4. Create Channel
In the “Teams” section, click on “Create more channels”.
1) Enter the channel name and discerption.
2) Customize privacy settings.
3) Check/uncheck “Automatically show this channel in everyone’s channel list” according to your preferences.
4) Click on “Add”.
Your channel will be displayed under your team.
5. Interaction with members
After opening a team, you can easily interact with the members in the “Posts”.
If you want to send praise to a specific student click on the “praise icon” at the bottom of the screen, select a badge, enter a note and enter the student(s) name.
If you want to chat with a specific person click on “Chats” in the leftmost side of the screen. Click ellipses to add more people.
If you want to add more people to a conversation click on the “add people” icon in the top right corner.
Also, you can upload/download files such as documents or presentations, in the “Files” section.
If you are a teacher and want to start a meet with your students, then: –
1) Select the team.
2) Open the “Posts” section. Click on the “video camera (meet) icon” at the bottom of the screen.
3)Add the title of your meet and click “Meet now”.
If you are a student and want to join the meet, just open the team, click on “Posts” and click on “Join now”.
In the meet, you can easily control the audio and video from the control icons displayed at the bottom of the screen. You can also share your screen by clicking on its icon in the controls.
The whiteboard option is also available in the share screen option to help you teach more conveniently
If you want to blur/change your background, click on the ellipses in the controls, select “Show background effects” and select your background.
If you want to add people in the meet, click on the “people icon” (here you can also mute the people) and then click on the ellipses against the person and click “Ask to join”.
To leave the meet, click on the “Hang up” red button.
- What is RSS, How to Use [Complete Guide on RSS Feed] - July 20, 2020
- How to Use Medium [Guide to Writing, Publishing & Promoting] - July 19, 2020
- How to Use Pinterest - July 18, 2020