Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in the World
If you are about to set foot in the corporate working world or curious to know the Highest Paying Jobs in the World, this article is definitely for you. It is not much of a surprise to know that most of these professions are from a medical background.
Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in the World:
Average earnings : $ 198,370
- An internist routinely treats patients suffering from internal diseases and since internal medicine patients are often seriously ill or require complex investigations, internists do much of their work in hospitals.
- Internal medicine is dedicated to take care of the adults and thus the internist treats patients that are above the age of 18.
- Internists provide non-surgical treatment usually for long-term illnesses like diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.
9. CEO – Chief Executive Officer
Average earnings : $ 200,140
- The Chief Executive Officer is the highest-ranked administrator of a firm and he is responsible for making major corporate decisions, managing the overall operations and resources of a company and many more such important roles are played by him.
- He is also the public face of the company and is elected by the board of directors and shareholders.
- It takes an experience of many years and a diverse career track for a person to reach the position of CEO of a high-profile organization.
Also Read: Top 10 Direct Selling Companies in India
8. General Practitioner
Average earnings : $ 208,560
- Their duties of General Practitioners are not limited to specific organs of the body but they have particular skills in treating people with multiple health issues.
- Moreover, they are trained to treat patients of any age and sex and are generally the first point of contact if one is suffering from any health issues.
- One has to undergo approximately seven to ten years of training and education in order to become a General Practitioner.
Average earnings : $ 216,090
- Psychiatrist is a physician who deals with mental illness patients using a mixture of therapy as well as medications.
- With the increasing awareness about mental health, the demand for professionals like psychiatrists, psychologists, and therapists is likely to increase.
- In order to be a Psychiatrist, one is required to complete four years of undergraduate school, four years of medical school, and a further three to seven years of internship and specialized residency training.
Average earnings : $ 228,500
- Orthodontist is the highest paid profession in the dental field and they specialize in the alignment of teeth.
- Orthodontists help patients with crooked teeth along with helping them to improve their bite, or fitting them for corrective braces and devices. They also treat problems with the jaw.
- To become an Orthodontist, one needs to first achieve a dental degree and then complete a postgraduate Orthodontics program.
Average earnings : $ 235,240
- In fifth place is this profession that specializes in medical care related to pregnancy and childbirth, as well as diagnosing, treating, and preventing diseases of women.
- Gynaecologist is a medical practitioner who deals with the health of the female reproductive organs.
- In order to become a Gynaecologist, it will take about 12 years fractionated as 4 years for a bachelor’s degree, another 4 years for a medical degree, and then 4-years to do a residency.
4. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
Average earnings : $ 243,500
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons perform surgical procedures focusing on reconstructive surgery of the face and jaw that mainly focus on hard and soft tissues.
- They are trained to diagnose and treat a wide spectrum of diseases, injuries and defects in the head, neck, face, jaws.
- After completing the study of dentistry, one has to do additional study for 4-years to become an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon.
Average earnings : $ 251,000
- Third, on this list is a surgeon who is a physician performing surgeries in his specialized field.
- Depending on the area of specialism one chooses, it requires several years of additional study after becoming a qualified doctor for one to become a surgeon.
- The more experienced the surgeon is and the rarer his area of expertise is, the more money he is able to make.
Also Read: Top 10 Pharma Companies in India
Average earnings : $265,000
- Anesthesiologists are the only physicians having expert knowledge of the extremely potent drugs during surgery to ensure ‘sleep’ and absence of pain.
- Apart from the operation room, they also work in many other areas like intensive care units, the maternity unit, the pre-admission clinic, and the chronic pain clinic.
- After becoming a qualified doctor, one needs to complete an additional -year anesthesiology residency program to become an Anaesthesiologist.
Average earnings : $ 381,500
- Neurosurgeon, stands at number 1 in the list of highest-paying jobs in the world, is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders mainly related to the nervous system.
- They provide surgical as well as non-surgical treatment depending upon the severeness and the type of injury or illness.
- It requires an extensive amount of training and education for one to become a Neurosurgeon.
- Top 10 Private MBA Colleges in India - October 10, 2020
- Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in the World - October 10, 2020
- World Passport Ranking: Top 10 Most Powerful Passport - October 10, 2020