How to Get Verified on Twitter (Complete Guide)
Twitter, one of the most famous and most used social networking service which can also be used for microblogging and on which users post and interact with messages known as “tweets”. People tweet to show their daily life, to advertise their products, or even to make an announcement. However, it is also necessary to make your account look different from fake accounts that may be created impersonating you. After your Twitter account is verified, people will be able to differentiate between your account and an impersonated fake account by seeing the “Twitter Verification Badge”.
In dark mode, the “Twitter Verified Badge” looks like a small checkmark in the white-colored cloud, and in default mode, it looks like a white checkmark in a blue-colored cloud.
In this article, you will learn some general tips to increase the chances of your account verification and the verification process.
Complete Guide on How to Get Verified on Twitter:
Before getting your Twitter account verified first let’s see whether your account is eligible to be verified or not.
According to Twitter, an account may be verified if it is determined to be an account of public interest. This includes the accounts that are owned by users in fields like music, acting, fashion, government, politics, religion, journalism, media, sports, business, and other key interest areas. Or if your account is impersonated several times on Twitter leading to identity confusion.
Also, Twitter will not take into account your number of followers or tweets when considering you for verification.
Note:- A verified badge does not imply an endorsement by Twitter.
2. Increase Your Chances
Whether you request for verification or are handpicked by the Twitter Verification team, these tips will help you to increase the chances for your account verification.
- Stay active: You should post at least twice per day and interact with people who tag you in their mentions to make your account qualify as “active” to Twitter, and it will also increase your audience’s positive reception of your content. Also, you should be discussing your content, services, or other skillset(s) with your audience so that Twitter can see that your audience cares about your public impact.
- Public interest account: To have your account verified you should be in the public interest. Avoid posting controversial or abrasive content. While Twitter verification isn’t an endorsement from, as mentioned above, and doesn’t focus on the number of your followers, it does take into account the good-naturedness of your account. Also, make sure your tweets are public.
- Update: You should update the account information regularly. Also, the verification standards of Twitter are fairly strict, so make sure to have your profile meet the criteria.
- Follow the verified ones: Follow the Twitter accounts that are already verified. This will allow you to see how other verified accounts behave and will also increase the chances of getting your account verified. Also, make sure to follow the account: “Twitter verified” to gain more information about getting your account verified.
3. The Verification Process
If you meet the eligibility criteria let’s get into the process of getting your account verified.
Verifying your phone number:
Firstly you will need to upload your phone number in your Twitter account.
1) Go to Twitter. Log In with your account
2) Click your profile icon. In the drop-down menu select “Settings and privacy”.
3) Click on “Account” and select “Mobile”.
4) Enter your phone number in the space provided and click on “Continue”. If your number is already there, then your phone number is already verified.
5) Enter the verification code.
6) Click on “Activate phone”.
7) Remove the tweet protection
8) Go to Twitter. Log in with your account.
9) Click your profile icon. In the drop-down menu select “Settings and privacy”.
10) Select “Privacy and safety”.
11) In the “Tweet privacy” section, uncheck the box saying “Protect your Tweets”.
12) Scroll and click on “Save changes”.
Update your Account info
It is also important to add info about your account meeting the Twitter guidelines.
1) Go to Twitter. Log in with your account.
2) Click your profile icon. A drop-down menu will appear.
3) In the drop-down menu select “Profile”. This will open your profile page of Twitter.
4) Click “Edit profile”. This will put your Profile in “Edit mode”.
5) Change your Profile and Header pictures. Set it showcasing your work. Also, make sure that the Profile photo should be professional headshots or at least, well-lit, and high resolution.
6) On the left side of the page, you can edit your username and name, bio website, etc.. Enter your real name in the space given for the name.
7) Use your real name as your username, with little modifications. (For Example:- If you are John Doe, your username can be @imjohndoe)
8) Enter your Bio and Location. Make sure these two pieces of information are correct. Your location must be valid. Your bio must be formal and must represent your business or who you are.
9) Enter the link to your website, date of birth, and e-mail.
10) After competing updating your profile, click on “Save changes”.
After this, either your account will be handpicked by the Twitter verification team for granting verification or you can also request verification by using the verification form.
To request the Twitter account verification, go to the official Twitter account verification form link.
How to Get Verified on Instagram
How To Get Verified on Facebook (Complete Guide)
- What is RSS, How to Use [Complete Guide on RSS Feed] - July 20, 2020
- How to Use Medium [Guide to Writing, Publishing & Promoting] - July 19, 2020
- How to Use Pinterest - July 18, 2020