How to Enable Chrome Dark Mode [PC/Mobile]
Google Chrome was released in 2008 is a cross-platform web browser that is available in 47 languages and was developed by Google. It is compatible with Android Lollipop and later versions, Chrome OS, IOS 12 or later, Linux, Mac OS 10.10 or later, and Windows 7 and above. Google has now officially rolled out its dark theme for its Android and iOS users this year in the month of May. Dark mode literally means a black background with white or colored text rather than the usual white background with black texts. Users can now access this dark mode after an update and so we’ve made a guide on How to Enable Chrome Dark Mode. Every company and social media site as well as other apps have laid more focus on developing dark mode for the users to give them a more comfortable user experience.
Enabling dark mode reduces eye strain in low light conditions and also helps to block the harmful blue LED light Which not only interferes with our sleep pattern But also causes insomnia. It also strains the eyes causing pain And watery eyes. Enabling dark mode has other benefits also such as it saves the battery life of your device. Around 92% of the users around the world prefer to use dark mode. It is also good for reading purposes.
You can enable dark mode for Google Chrome on your Android, Mac, Windows, and iPhone or iPad in just a few steps.
Enable Chrome Dark Mode on Windows 10:
On PC this feature is available for Windows 7 and above. To enable dark mode for your Windows 10 you need to follow these steps:
- Open your PC and then Click on to settings menu then choose ‘Personalization’ next click on ‘Colors’ and then Scroll down to the Option Choose your default app mode.
Now change this to dark and all your apps with a native dark mode along with Chrome ,will change color. You don’t need to Restart your browser again.
Enable Chrome Dark Mode on Android Device:
Follow these steps to enable dark mode for your Google Chrome on android device :
- Open Google Chrome on your Android device And then click at the top right corner at top more and then go to settings And then Tap on
Choose the options to select the theme of your preference.
You need to make the system default if you want to use the Chrome in dark mode and then the battery saver mode is turned on and the dark theme is set in device settings. i.e., Dark if you prefer to use Chrome in dark theme.
- Open Google Chrome and then enter chrome://flags in the search address bar.
Then you need to tap on the search flags box and enter dark.
There appear two options on your screen :
- Android Web Contents dark mode
- Android Chrome UI dark mode
Former allows the chrome to detect if a site developer has created a dark version and reveals it automatically. Whereas the latter means the Browser interface will turn dark.
- You can choose among either of these options and a drop-down menu will appear, now change the settings to Activated then restart your Google Chrome.
The final step is to open the settings menu click on themes and then select dark which will enable the dark mode for Chrome on your Android.
Note: Only Android Lollipop and higher versions have this feature of enabling dark more On Google Chrome whereas the lower versions of Android require Beta version.
Enable Chrome Dark Mode on Mac OS:
To enable the dark mode feature on your Mac OS you need to follow certain steps:
- First of all, open the system preferences and then tap on General. Now select
Choose the dark option which will enable dark mode for Windows and will automatically turn on the dark mode for apps that have their native dark mode option available without any further input from you.
On your iPad or iPhone, you can enable dark mode for your Google Chrome. But Google has not officially announced the release of dark mode theme for Chrome On IOS, it is a work in progress. So to enable this feature you can use the Invert feature which gives you similar effects.
- Go to your settings then tap on General then Accessibility and then select Display Accommodation.
Turn Classic Invert to invert the colors of everything on your device screen. You can even turn on smart invert to invert everything else except images.
Note: iPhone or IPad should have iOS 12 or 13 versions.
Also Read: How to Use WiFi Calling (Everything About Wi-Fi Calling)
- How to Enable Chrome Dark Mode [PC/Mobile] - October 10, 2020
- How To Use Amazon Fire TV Stick - August 21, 2020
- How to Create Facebook Avatar [App/Messenger] - August 18, 2020