How to Create Google Form [Step By Step Guide]
Forms are one of the most used tools to take surveys and register users for various activities. It is used to gather information by taking surveys and registering users in those forms. So for the same reason, Google forms are used to create such forms.
Google Forms has been widely used to create these forms withing few minutes that too for FREE.
Note: For Now, Google Forms is available only on the web browser.
How to Create Google Form in 13 Steps:
1. Click at Google Docs and select Blank.
Google Forms also give you a lot of pre-made templates to choose from. You can select one of the templates among those and customize them according to your requirements.
2. Naming your form.
Along with naming your survey, you can also add descriptions for the same. To name the google form according to your requirements, click untitled form in the top left corner.
3. Tap on Untitled Question and write a question that you want to take the answer.
4. If you want to provide any explanatory text for the question that you had to add in the form, type it in the Help Text field.
5. Choose a Question Type.
- You have several options, such as multiple-choice (when there is only one answer), text (in which you’d write in your response), checkboxes (when you can select multiple answers), and so on.
6. Select an option for how the question will be answered.For all options except for Short answer, Paragraph, Date and Time, you’ll have to write in options for answers.
- Short answer and Paragraph give recipients a blank field to fill in.
- Multiple choice lets users select one answer from a series of options, while Checkboxes allows users to select multiple answers.
- Dropdown gives recipients a field to click that reveals a menu they will select an answer from.
- Linear scale allows users to answer by selecting a rating from a range such as 1 to 5.
- Date and Time allow recipients to select a date or time.
7. Click the side menu icons to add to your survey.
- The Plus button adds another question.
- The Tt button lets you add a section title and description.
- The Photo and Video buttons allow you to illustrate your survey.
- The two rectangles icon allows you to break your survey up by sections.
8. Tap the Required switch to make any question mandatory to answer.
To duplicate or trash, click the icons of clone or erase the question.
9. Repeat steps 3 to 8 as per your requirements and questions.
10. You can change your survey’s color or add a photo to the header by clicking the Palette icon from the upper right corner.
11.Tap the Eye icon (right side of the palette icon) on the right upper corner to preview your form.
12. Tap the Gear icon (right side of Eye icon) on the right upper corner to go through survey settings.
13. When you finish creating your form and ready to take the response, click the Send Form button on the right upper corner. Either you can copy the link and send it yourself, or you can just type in the e-mail addresses of those you want to take the surveys.